Women's Earth & Climate Action Network, International
The Women's Earth & Climate Action Network is a solutions-based, multi-faceted effort established to engage women worldwide to take action as powerful stakeholders in climate change and sustainability solutions. For Our Earth and Future Generations A project of Women's Earth and Climate Caucus and its partner eraGlobal Alliance
« Stories, Media and Messaging -- Communicating Climate Change, Solutions and New Cultural Narratives

Ahimsa and the Eight Limbs of Yoga

Started by: sundiva@telus.net

Description:

Many thousands of years ago great Vedic sages wrote the Laws of Nature and the Universe in the Vedic scriptures.  The first law is Ahimsa, the law of non-harming to all living things, people, plants, insects, and the planet.  This is for the purpose of evolution of consciouses, not just for oneself but for all living things. The science of yoga is all about the developement of ahimsa and evolution of consciousness. Politics alone is not enough.  There must be spiritual guidance at the top.  Politics alone can never win. I am here to offer the wisdom of ancient Vedic seers which is a wisdom based on Laws of Nature.

Every solution must begin with the understanding of ahimsa.

I am an Ayurvedic practitioner and my website is www.ayurvedakelowna.com  

Reasons for working in this topic, project or business:

My work is to bring people back into connection with nature.

Root causes of the problems in this field and main barriers:

The root cause is a disconnect from nature.

What is needed to overcome barriers to implement solutions:

education

Specific needs and/or support requests:

I am teaching classes as are many others.  This work is spreading fast.  There are no needs other than for politicians to open up their ears.

Suggested best local solution for this topic:

We need to bring an ancient proven nature based spirituality back to society.

Networking opportunities:

yes.

Discussion

You must be logged in to post comments. Login now.