Women's Earth & Climate Action Network, International
The Women's Earth & Climate Action Network is a solutions-based, multi-faceted effort established to engage women worldwide to take action as powerful stakeholders in climate change and sustainability solutions. For Our Earth and Future Generations A project of Women's Earth and Climate Caucus and its partner eraGlobal Alliance
« Stories, Media and Messaging -- Communicating Climate Change, Solutions and New Cultural Narratives

Protection of the earth, people and animals most affected by current practises

Started by: Tamarack Verrall

Description:

Protection of the earth, people and animals most affected by current practises

As part of WorldPulse.com my focus is on the conditions that women are living under globally, and the solutions that we have to offer as women, that have been historically and are presently held back. I beleive that our persective is what has been lacking, and that our knowledge of and love for the earth and for humanity. I welcome the strengthening of our connections with each other toward a sustainable future, respectful of all.

https://www.worldpulse.com/en/community/training

Reasons for working in this topic, project or business:

I have been active on issues related to women and for the protection of this earth since the 1960's. I have always been passionately connected to nature, had a 20 year relationship with land through organic farming, and cannot abide the treatment of this earth, animals and people, in particular the treatment of women imposed by individuals in collusion through unethical businesses.

Root causes of the problems in this field and main barriers:

An unethical world economy controlled by a few (mostly) men.

What is needed to overcome barriers to implement solutions:

As women we are rising. Strengthening networks with each other to stop "business as usual", sharing information that we are coming forward with, visibly online, through all forms of news media and through coordinated public demonstration and collective demands to governments, we are increasingly having effect on the direction and visionary leadership of movement to a new reality. We need to strengthen our connections to raise a really unified voice and actions.

Specific needs and/or support requests:

Being part of each others' organisations and actions. Within WorldPulse.com I depend on the stories of women coming in globally, for the real news, just as I depend on WECAN and other women's organisations. If we were all to be members of both WECAN and WorldPulse.com, I believe that we would be stronger in our awareness of what needs to be done, and be able to better brainstorm collectively. There is a strong history of connection between these two powerful organisations, and other similar networks. We can only benefit by strengthening our ties.

Suggested best local solution for this topic:

Strengthening ties between like minded, like hearted people, in particular raising in every way we can the voices of women. Insisting on a new and just world economy.

At present, 3/4 of the money from the resources of the world goes off shore. Even a small tax on that money could eradicate poverty. All costs of reparation of the earth could and should come from offshore money. This would be a step toward redoing the world economy altogether.

Networking opportunities:

WorldPulse provides astounding networking possibilities. Members are writing in from 190 countries, and becoming a member provides opportunity for us all to be in direct response to each others' writing, and in conversation with each other.

Suggested best global solution for this topic:

Developing the ability to cause a global strike by women. Supporting each others' efforts to get into leadership roles. Insisting on all rights and freedom for all women. 

Best practices and policies:

Encouraging and publishing all ideas and actions developed by women. 

Suggestions:

Indigenous rights to land, current mining operations, destruction of the oceans by pollution, GMO's, all forms of pollution

Discussion

You must be logged in to post comments. Login now.