Women's Earth & Climate Action Network, International
The Women's Earth & Climate Action Network is a solutions-based, multi-faceted effort established to engage women worldwide to take action as powerful stakeholders in climate change and sustainability solutions. For Our Earth and Future Generations A project of Women's Earth and Climate Caucus and its partner eraGlobal Alliance
« Fresh Water, Oceans, Climate Science

Increasing underground water resources

photo of priya verma

Started by: priya

Related Project:

Project on Increasing under ground water resources

Description:

Increasing underground water resources

Underground water is one of the key earth resources. Due to excessive use of  water for domestic, commercial and agricultral uses the underground water table ofthe world  is going down at  an alarming rate. Water scaracity is also one of the main reasons of climate change. I have innovated useful technologies to increase the  underground water resources which is useful to the entire world. My project  "Increasing underground water resources has been recognised by the Govt. of India, United nations and worldwide. I have received appreciation and international awards to my work. I am the founder of the cywe.org working for the cause of youth, environment, protection of natural resources and global issues. i am working on this project since 2006 and created awareness for the conservation and preservation of precious water in the world.

Reasons for working in this topic, project or business:

For the conservation of water and the protection of environment,life on the earth.

Root causes of the problems in this field and main barriers:

Underground water is the key earth resources. Due to excessive use it is depleting at an alarming rate. If, it is nor used wisely the water table will go down and the earth will become a desert.

What is needed to overcome barriers to implement solutions:

Financeis always a barrier to implement such project in large scale.

Specific needs and/or support requests:

I appeal to the people to use these cost-effective techniques to save water.People can use these innovative technologies of rain water harvesting in their homes which is a cost effective method of increasing underground water resources.

Suggested best local solution for this topic:

The technology suggested in my Project "Increasing underground water resources" is unversial applicable and cost effective and can be applied anywhere in the world. The technologies are Funnel system, polythene cover system, use of sand or marvel and recharge well system etc.The project can viewed in the website www.cywe.org/Project increasing underground water resources

Networking opportunities:

Yes

Suggested best global solution for this topic:

These technologies can be used any where in the world to save water.

Best practices and policies:

I appeal to use these technologies to save ourwater reserves.

Suggestions:

Water scarcity is onre of the main reasons of climate change in the world.So we have to protect our water resources and use water wisely for the safety of environment, life on the earth otherwise without water the world will become a desert soon.

Discussion

You must be logged in to post comments. Login now.